Re: Setting Cygwin terminal colors?

If you are using rxvt (which maybe you should) then for the documentation try "man rxvt"

rxvt -fg pink -bg yellow

works nicely for me ;-)

--
Stephen Brooks
Software Team Leader

Creators of Omvia, an integrated approach to next generation communication applications.
Visit us at:      www.intervoice-brite.com
Direct Line :    +44 (0) 161 495 1728
Main Office:     +44 (0) 161 495 1000

This email and any files transmitted are intended for the addressee only - it is private and confidential.  If you have received this mail in error please notify the sender and immediately delete the email.  iVB Network Solutions is a division of InterVoice-Brite, whose registered office is: Gateway House, Styal Road, Wythenshawe, Manchester, M22 5WY, UK. (c) 2001 InterVoice-Brite. All rights reserved.

>>> Jeff <me@play.net> 11/01/02 07:25:28 >>>
The default light grey on black background of the terminal window gives
me a great deal of eye strain.  I would like to change the background
color, default color of text, and the colors of highlights, reverse
video, etc.-- just as I can with the two telnet clients I'm currently
using.

I've searched the archives for this list and found some small amount of
discussion about the topic.  I'm running Win98, so setting the
properties of cmd.exe are not available to me (I haven't tried out the
port to Win9x of cmd.exe, yet).  There's nothing in the bash man page
to help me, and the other pages that were mentioned are not in my
installation.

The article that comes closest to my concern is located at
<http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin/2000-12/msg00934.html>.  In this
article the author remarks "...IIRC you should read a description of
the terminal. one example is the linux-manpage console_codes (section 4
I think)." Where is this document available?  Would it provide the
information I'm seeking?  If not, what do I need to look for?

Thanks for your help,
Jeff