telnet cannot see mount drive - another method

I have try another method to "cd" to another server
rather than using "mount" or "net use".
In my case, I want to get/put files from w2k advanced
server to/from HP-Unix Server.

---------------        			        ----------------
Cygwin in w2k					HP-Unix
 		   <--User Mapping by SFU -->
/home/UserA					/upload/UserA
Owner=UserA:GroupA				Owner=UserA:GroupA Mode:755

						Under /upload/UserA,
						755 UserA:GroupA FileOne
						755 UserA:GroupA DirOne
---------------					----------------

I installed a software "Service For Unix 2.0" (SFU)
which is used to map userid and group between w2k and
Unix.

The Unix Server acts as NFS server. I telnet to w2k
using Cygwin, logon as UserA and type
$cd "\\\UnixServer\\upload\\UserA"
$ls -l
rw-r--r-- UserA:GroupA FileOne
rwxr-xr-x UserA:GroupA DirOne

The ownership is correct, but the mode go wrong. When
I type
$chmod 755 FileOne
The mode of FileOne also 644 shown in Cygwin. 755
shown in Unix.

UserA can delete FileOne in Cygwin. Thus I think the
ownership is mapped between w2k and Unix correctly.

What's wrong with the "mode" ? Did it related to
"mapping leak" ?
How to shown 755 in Cygwin when I type `chown 755
FileOne` in `\\UnixServer\upload\UserA` ?
Would you mind to help me ? Thanks a lot !

Chan wrote:
>> I mapped network drive (h:) in network
neighboornood
>> in w2k SP2 advanced server. The network drive (h:)
can
>> be accessed in both w2k "My computer" , w2k command
>> line "cd" and also in shortcut of Cygwin in w2k
>> desktop.
>>
>> But when I telnet to the w2k server using Cygwin ,
>> type "mount". I cannot see h: or /cygdrive/h:, I
also
>> try to use mount -s h: \\server\folder, but it does
>> not work. I cannot cd to h:
>>
>> I telnet using w2k telnet server. I see that the
>> network drive is mapped by typing "mount", but it
show
>> the status is "not available". also cannot "cd" to
it.

>> Would you mind to help me ? Thanks

>That's how it works, unfortunately.  When telnetting
into the box
>you're running in another logon session.  You have no
access
>to the mapped drives of the same user when logged on
in a
>desktop session.

>Workaround:  Create a new drive mapping *inside* your
telnet session
>using another drive letter:

>    net use J: ....

>But *DON'T FORGET* to release the drive mapping
before logging
>out that very telnet session.  Otherwise this drive
letter
>is never ever usable as long as the machine isn't
rebooted:

>    net use J: /delete

>Corinna

>--
>Corinna Vinschen                  Please, send mails
regarding Cygwin to
mailto:cygwin@cygwin.com