RE: Compiling apps to Mingw32 with cygwin

Yes, I'm very sure. A quick investigation has yielded the following:

- In autoconf 2.13 (I don't have 2.13.1), AC_PROG_CC is implemented with
AC_CHECK_PROG.

- In autoconf 2.52, AC_PROG_CC is implemented with AC_CHECK_TOOL.

AC_CHECK_TOOL checks for tools with a ${host} prefix. AC_CHECK_PROG does
not.

In my opinion, this serves as another example that one cannot count on a
configure script being up-to-date.

Jon