Re: Compiling apps to Mingw32 with cygwin

Robert Collins wrote:

> No. Specify --host. The meaning is clearly documented in the autoconf
> documentation.
> For clarity:
> build - what OS the compilation is running on..
> host  - what OS the binaries created should run on.
> target - what OS the binaries created should target their output to.

Thank you thank you thank you.  I have *never* really understood what
all those were *really* for -- only what I *thought* they were for.
Guess what -- I was wrong.  I thought (wrongly)

host: what OS the compilation is running on
target: what OS the binaries created should run on
build: And I never understood what this was for.

THANKS for the succinct explanation.  I'm going to tattoo this on my
arm.  (Well, not really, but you get the idea)

--Chuck