From: cygwin-owner@cygwin.com [mailto:cygwin-owner@cygwin.com]On Behalf
Of Randall R Schulz
Sent: Friday, January 11, 2002 9:13 AM
To: dhorne@xtra.co.nz; cygwin@cygwin.com
Subject: Re: vim and color

Dan,

Most likely all you need to know is where to put your color scheme files.
If you're doing it all from Vim's "rc" file, then you need to use the right
one: "~/.vimrc" / "$HOME/.vimrc". The Cygwin-hosted Vim is a non-GUI,
Unix-style Vim (just vim or vi), _not_ a GUI, stand-alone one (gvim).

 From what little experience I have, the Vim docs and help system are
careful to distinguish the graphic from non-graphic Vim configuration
details. Use the ":help ..." command.

Randall Schulz
Mountain View, CA USA