Re: pdksh on windows compiles no but doesn't work?

David,

I have pdksh working. I had the same problems as you.

The 'make check' action runs a perl script. The perl script requires some .ph files. These .ph files are perly versions of your system's .h files.

I made the .ph files. However, I had to hack then a bit to get 'make check' to work. As usual I did this with taking many notes. I can supply you with some instructions if you wish.

Alternative approach #1. I noticed in the pdksh readme files that there is an alternative way of running the tests. I didn't look into it in any depth as I'd already got 'make check' running.

Alternative approach #2. 'make check' found a number of failures. All but one of these were expected, apparently. The other one had a comment saying that ksh88 also fails on it, so I didn't think it was too important.

Since I installed pdksh I've had no problems. I haven't been thrashing it though.

Leigh Hebblethwaite, Consultant

Transoft Ltd, 5J Langley Business Centre, Station Road, Langley, Slough, SL3 8DS England
Tel: +44 (0)1753 778000		Fax: +44 (0)1753 773050
Direct Tel: +44 (0)1753 778020	Direct Fax: N/A
Mobile: +44 (0)7801 412331

Offices also in Atlanta GA, San Diego CA and Dayton OH in the USA.
P.S. Please check our web site for more information on Transoft www.transoft.com

To receive copies of 'Headlines' - our email information newsletter - please click the link below
www.transoft.com/contact/headlines_signup.htm

Transoft is a leading international provider of application assembly, transformation and integration solutions. The Transoft Intelligent Adapters enable existing critical business application functions to be easily exposed and re-used as application and Web services, to build new scalable, integrated (e)business applications faster and with less risk.