Re: cygwin console

Try installing this font:  Lucida ConsoleP from
http://www.neuro.gatech.edu/users/cwilson/cygutils/unversioned/bashprompt/

It is Lucida Console, reencoded to put the linedraw chars where
codepage:oem expects them.  Then, start rxvt as:

rxvt -fn "Lucida ConsoleP-14" .....

(also, you may need to set your TERM variable to 'rxvt-cygwin-native')

--Chuck