Re: IMAP c-client under Cygwin

Hallo Soren,

Am 2002-01-08 um 21:16 schriebst du:

> I want to develop a Perl solution for accessing an IMAP server and doing
> things like querying messages in a folder named blahfoo, telling the server
> to move messages from blahfoo to cowpuddle, etc. I have researched and
> there is a Perl module collection for doing IMAP client stuff, but it
> requires UW "c-client" library support files to be linked in during the
> module build.

There is already a module for that and it builds without errors if you
build the c-client of the cygwin imap package, see here what I needed to
change:
http://testers.cpan.org/search?request=dist&dist=Mail-Cclient&macid=130

> My question concerns info on whether anyone reading has worked with IMAP
> and the c-client distro on Cygwin (I guess that I mean "worked with" more
> than by merely installing PINE, which i think some users might have done,
> but I don't know how much knowledge of building c-client that would give
> one if its a pre-built Cygwin binary you've installed...)? Can anyone offer
> pointers on building, or refinements to the source package documentation?

You need to build the c-clientlib from source, the library isn't included in
the package, but the source -> http://sourceforge.net/projects/uw-imap-cygwin/

Gerrit
--
=^..^=                                        mailto:gp@familiehaase.de