Re: progamming with Cygwin GNU Readline Library

Hiroo Hayashi wrote:

> Charles> 'gcc -static' + -DREADLINE_STATIC
>
> Your answer solved my problems.  Thank you very much.
>
> Charles> Or wait for the next release of cygwin readline, which should
> Charles> make all of these problems go away.
>
> Do you have a rough estimatation when will it be released?  If it may
> take a few months or more, I'll consider to make a new release of my
> perl module.

A week or two.

> BTW the test script in my distribution fails on one of tests.  It
> seems a bug of cygwin readline library.
>
> The return value of rl_get_screen_size is wrong as follows;
>
> The version of Cygwin Readline Library is 4.2-3.

Thanks for the test case. I'll look into it -- but I suspect it has
already been fixed in the official GNU sources (4.2a).  The next cygwin
release will be based on that.  When you tested bug.c on linux, what
version of readline were you using?

--Chuck