The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion

Hi!
I made a small web server with Cygwin. Now I'm trying to transform it
in a win2k service but when I start it I get the error:

The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely
fashion

The application works well by command line and I also added the
application directory to the path, as I read it in a similar message in
the cygwin mailing list.
Do I have to make something before launching the application as a
service?
Any suggestion?
Thanks,
Marcello