1.3.6-6 & CVS: BUG: opendir() returns ENOTDIR whereas ENOENT would probably be a better choice...

Hello,
I think i've found a bug in cygwin:
I can not use very important CVS command "cvs  co -r".
I tried a  "cvs co -r mytag myproj" and receive the following:

cvs [checkout aborted]: cannot open directory .../CVS/mypoj/Attic: Not a
directory

It is true -- since i have deleted nothing in myproj yet, i don't have Attic
in it.

I send this error to info-cvs mailing list and they said, that it is due to
opendir() implementation in cygwin (it returns ENOTDIR instead of
ENOENT in most cases :( ).

Will it be corrected in cygwin or in cygwin port of CVS?

Thank you,
Alexei Lioubimov