Re: Re: cannot change password using "passwd" command

For account policy in both local server and domain
server, the minimum character for password is 0.

Moreover, I can use user account to change password in
w2k GUI (ie. CTRL+ALT+DEL --> change password), with
the same set of password tried in Cygwin.

I don't want user use the console, so I hope they can
change their password using telnet.

Would you mind to help me ? THanks

On Thu, Jan 03, 2002 at 11:57:05AM +0000, Tiffany Chan
wrote:

>> I cannot change password of local account using
>> "passwd" command in Cygwin.
>>
>> $passwd
>> Enter the new password (minimum of 5, maximum of 8
>> characters).
>> Please use a combination of upper and lower case
>> letters and numbers.
>> Old password: < i type old password here>
>> Bad password: Too short.
>>
>> I am sure that the password is typed correctly. I
am