RE: announcements trapped by anti-viral filter

Stoddard, Isaac A wrote:

[snip mere *mention* of EXEs trips AV SW]

Man, I've heard some MIStapo horror stories in my time, but that one takes the proverbial cake.  I simply can't imagine that such a situation can last for long at a place as big as Boeing without rioting in the cubes by the engineering staff.

I sympathize with you, but I agree 100% with Chris et al, munging every post merely mentioning an exe just to bypass some rogue MiSS stormtrooper's insanity is just plain wrong.  What would munging the announcements gain you anyway though?  Surely if they're blocking those, you're being blocked from downloading and installing anything, no?

--
Gary R. Van Sickle
Braemar Inc.