Re: inetd: works with gcc-compiled program, not msvc

----- Original Message -----
From: "Warren Burstein" <warren@actcom.co.il>

> While some may find this to be a good way to encourage people to use
gcc
> rather than msvc, and I'd rather do just that, unfortunately I need to
run
> a service written by someone else in msvc.

It's not the compilers code, it's the libc you are linking against. If
you can convince MSVC to link against libcygwin.a (an import lib for
cygwin1.dll) and kernel32.lib, then you can use the Cygwin code.

> Any ideas?

Also, please note that you should be able to compile *most* code for
MSVC under gcc if you generate an appropriate makefile.

Rob