Re: setup.exe splash screen - mini-competition

On Wed, Jan 02, 2002 at 07:41:11PM +1100, Robert Collins wrote:
>Firstly, the only prize is seeing your work used.
>
>We need an adaptation, or new creation, for the Cygwin Net Release
>setup.exe. Gary has been following MS user interface guidelines in his
>reworking of the windowing code, and we now have a wonderful white
>rectangle on the splash screen.
>
>I'm looking for a graphic, 96 px wide, 179 px high (or thereabouts) to
>replace that rectangle. (I've uploaded a snapshot with Gary's code,
>which hasn't (quite) hit CVS yet) to
>http://www.cygwin.com/setup-snapshots/setup-2002-01-02-1.exe
>
>The key design criterion are:
>1) Must be acceptable to cgf :].

Actually, it's probably not feasible but my dream icon would involve
an otter.  Linus Torvalds likes penguins.  I like otters.

(Not that I am in any way ranking myself with Linus Torvalds)

My son drew a picture of an otter holding a floppy once that I had
intended to use on the cygwin web page but I lost the picture.  :-(

I don't know if you can get a recognizable otter in 96x179 but if
you can, I'd love to see it.

Whimsically,
cgf