Re: duplicate regexec/regcomp functions detected

On Tue, Jan 01, 2002 at 11:59:21AM -0500, Chris Faylor wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 01, 2002 at 03:24:49PM +0100, Ralf Habacker wrote:
> >Then search cygdll.a after those symbols and extract only the relevant
> >d000xxx.o from cygdll.a to a newly created import library named
> >libpthread.a or other revelant name.
>
> And, here is where I don't understand your confusion.  You don't need to
> search cygdll.a.  You already have a text file available to you which
> contains all of the exports from the cygwin DLL -- cygwin.def.

Which results in some missing symbols in libc.a, namely the symbols
from $(LIBCOS).  The change to have different link libs have let me
think that we could drop -lcygwin from the gcc specs file in favour
of -lc.  But that's impossible w/o $(LIBCOS) linked to libc.a.  Did
I missunderstood something here?

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.