Re: Illegal User Error Attempting to Authenticate in sshd

Listfolk:

I have finally achieved a working sshd on Win2k w/FAT filesystems.
Also, cygrunsrv appears to be functioning properly. Steps taken were:

1) Created links for Cygwin's var, tmp, usr, etc, and bin dir's in
   c:/ (in other words, these dir's are hanging off of /). Both
   srvany and cygrunsrv appear to require these, else cygrunsrv returns
   the "Service did not return an error" message, and does not start.

2) A reference on another site tipped me off here - the sites used
   procedures which evoked sshd *without* a sshd_config file. As I'm
   using password authentication, sshd's default behaviour will suffice.

HTH and thanks for the service,

_Dave_
Dave Pinsker
davep@interaccess.com