This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re-post : cron is not work even tried suggestion in mail list
- From: Tiffany Chan <ikbea88 at yahoo dot co dot uk>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 03:55:28 +0000 (GMT)
- Subject: Re-post : cron is not work even tried suggestion in mail list
Sorry that I have common question on cron. I got cron
error : can't switch user context. I have tried the
following suggestion in mail list:
1. remove cron and install as SYSTEM
$rm -Rf /var/cron
$cygrunsrv -E cron
$cygrunsrv -R cron
$cygrunsrv -I cron -p /usr/sbin/cron -a -D -e
$cygrunsrv -S cron
The process is running by SYSTEM
2. All files directory under /var are mode = 777;
mode of /usr/sbin/cron = 755 ;
mode of /etc/group and /etc/passwd = 644
3. $mkgroup -ld > /etc/group
$mkpasswd -ld > /etc/passwd
the server installed cygwin is in domain ( but not
domain controller), i must use domain user to login
and run crontab -e . Thus i used "-ld" in making
passwd and group file.
4. I tested that Domain administrator can use cron job
I used cygwin version 1.3.3 in w2k SP2 Advanced
server. I know that a new cygwin version is released.
However, as my system is in production now, i cannot
upgrade the cygwin to the most update version. Or can
i only upgrade the cron tool ?
Thanks a lot !
Do You Yahoo!?
Everything you'll ever need on one web page
from News and Sport to Email and Music Charts
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html