Re: compile perl- percentage of tests expected to pass- 96% okay

Thanks Gerrit, it worked much better!

Gerrit P. Haase wrote:

> Hallo Peter,
>
> Am 2001-12-11 um 22:35 schriebst du:
>

>>I compiled perl and when I do "make test" I only get 96% okay-
>>Searching the MLA I see that some people have gotten 99+% okay- is there
>>something special I need to do to build perl under cygwin? I just did a
>>configure -d to accept all the defaults.
>>

> Which perl did you use?

perl 5.6.1-2 that comes with cygwin 1.3.6-3

> There are some patches in the cygwin (perl-5.6.1) sources so it should
> build with one or two failures.  There is also a build script included
> in the cygwin-perl sources in CYGWIN-PATCHES subdirectory.

This seems to work- I get a 100% okay message at the end (even though
there are some failures)

> Which Windows are you on?

NT4.0 SP6a

> FAT drives gives some more failures.

I am using NTFS (and I am in a domain, John Peacock suggested that might
help)

> Which environment settings do you use, there are more failures on NT if
> you don't use CYGWIN=ntsec .

CYGWIN=ntsec binmode tty

--
Your mouse has moved.