This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: dll_list::load_after_fork() blues (was Re: [ python-Bugs-489709 ] Building Fails ...)
- From: "Norman Vine" <nhv at cape dot com>
- To: "'Michael Hudson'" <mwh at python dot net>, "'Jason Tishler'" <jason at tishler dot net>
- Cc: "'Cygwin'" <cygwin at sources dot redhat dot com>, <david_abrahams at users dot sourceforge dot net>
- Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 11:52:08 -0500
- Subject: RE: dll_list::load_after_fork() blues (was Re: [ python-Bugs-489709 ] Building Fails ...)
- Reply-to: <nhv at cape dot com>
Michael Hudson writes:
>On Mon, 10 Dec 2001, Jason Tishler wrote:
>> Unfortunately, when I run the complete Python regression test, I still
>> get the same three test failures as reported by Michael without rebasing:
>> When I run these tests individually (i.e., not part of the complete test
>> suite), then they pass. Hence, the rebasing appears not to completely
>> solve this problem.
>FWIW, and I don't know how much that is, all tests pass if I link _socket
>statically. Oh, and this is building without threads, it seems. I'll do
>a new build with threads and see if anything changes, but I doubt it.
GREAT IDEA !
I just rebuilt python 2.1.1 with threads and linking _socket statically
and all seems to work :-)
=== / usr / src / python-2.1.1 / Modules / Setup.local
# Edit this file for local setup changes
# socket line above, and possibly edit the SSL variable:
_socket socketmodule.c \
-DUSE_SSL -I$(SSL)/include -I$(SSL)/include/openssl \
-L$(SSL)/lib -lssl -lcrypto
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html