This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: dll_list::load_after_fork() blues (was Re: [ python-Bugs-489709] Building Fails ...)
- From: Michael Hudson <mwh at python dot net>
- To: Jason Tishler <jason at tishler dot net>
- Cc: Cygwin <cygwin at sources dot redhat dot com>, <david_abrahams at users dot sourceforge dot net>
- Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 15:19:10 +0000 (GMT)
- Subject: Re: dll_list::load_after_fork() blues (was Re: [ python-Bugs-489709] Building Fails ...)
On Mon, 10 Dec 2001, Jason Tishler wrote:
> Unfortunately, when I run the complete Python regression test, I still
> get the same three test failures as reported by Michael without rebasing:
> When I run these tests individually (i.e., not part of the complete test
> suite), then they pass. Hence, the rebasing appears not to completely
> solve this problem.
FWIW, and I don't know how much that is, all tests pass if I link _socket
statically. Oh, and this is building without threads, it seems. I'll do
a new build with threads and see if anything changes, but I doubt it.
So what is it that dynamically loading _socket does that screws fork()?
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html