Re: Can't run any executable from cygwin/bin

Well, nothing works indeed :-!

The executables in cygwin/bin fall into those categories:

(a) Print nothing and hang, e.g.:
D:\bin\cygwin\bin>.\ls
D:\bin\cygwin\bin>.\bash.exe
D:\bin\cygwin\bin>.\sort --help

(b) Print nothing and return immediately, e.g.
D:\bin\cygwin\bin>.\less.exe --help
D:\bin\cygwin\bin>cygcheck.exe

(c) tcsh is in its own class: crashes trying to write some forbidden memory.

All these seem to work on other machines both from bash and DOS. Mistery!