Re: indent.exe strangeness

===
----- Original Message -----
From: "Christopher Faylor" <cgf@redhat.com>
To: <cygwin@cygwin.com>
Sent: Friday, November 16, 2001 6:21 AM
Subject: Re: indent.exe strangeness

> On Thu, Nov 15, 2001 at 11:19:12PM +1100, Robert Collins wrote:
> >> What about a patch that would fopen() every file in binmode and
write it
> >> back according to the mount?
> >
> >I think that textmode.o is the correct tool rather than a patch -
read
> >every file in textmode (they are source after all :]) and write in
> >textmode.
>
> No.  That would end up putting CRLF on every file.  I doubt that
people
> with binmode mounts would be pleased.

They shouldn't care if all the text process tools have been ported
correctly. Thats the whole point of textmode and binmode ain't it?

Certinaly squid _always_ writes text data with textmode, and binary data
with binmode, and I've heard no complaints w.r.t this.

> automode.o should take any file and create a file with only LF line
> endings.  This will be correctly interpreted by just about every tool
> except older versions of notepad.exe.

FWIW my win2k notepad still chokes. Anyway, I've start to be picky here,
so I'll just be quite now :}.

Rob