FW: cygrunsrv won't start services

I have some further information on this.

> [501]zzalsaca@ACA-VNT$ cygrunsrv --start sshd
> cygrunsrv: Error starting a service: StartService:  Win32 error 1053:
> The service did not respond to the start or control request in a
> timely fashion.

I am now able to start the cron service with a command similar to above. The
problem was caused by me having changed the workgroup my computer was to being
in a workgroup on my own. It seems my computer browser service was not running
(and it won't start either, but that's not a cygwin problem). Putting my
machine back in its old workgroup (which has a browser master) resolved this
problem. I don't understand why this should have this effect though. Can
anyone shed any light?

I still cannot start sshd though. I'm now getting:

[501]zzalsaca@ACA-VNT$ cygrunsrv --start sshd
cygrunsrv: Error starting a service: QueryServiceStatus:  Win32 error 1062:
The service has not been started.

I've seen other notes about this in the MLA, but don't recall seeing a
solution. The service is starting under the SYSTEM account and all the host
key files and sshd_config file are owned by SYSTEM as per Mike Erderly's notes
on his WEB site.

All comments and help gratefully appreciated.

Regards,
Tony.
--
Tony Arnold, Deputy to the Head of COS Division, Manchester Computing,
University of Manchester, Oxford Road, Manchester M13 9PL.

strace.out