Re: gcc command not found....

On Thu, Nov 08, 2001 at 03:11:41AM -0800, June Tantoolvesm wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I was wondering if anyone could help me?
>
> $gcc
> bash: gcc: command not found
>
> $find / -name "gcc*" -print
> /etc/setup/gcc.lst.gz
>
> Something similar happens when I try to run perl.
>
> I used setup.exe version 2.78.2.15 on windows 2000.
>
> I couldn't find help on this from the list archives...sorry
> if it's already been answered. It seems a stupid question,
> but I can't figure it out, sorry beforehand.

Somehow your installation is screwed up.  Perhaps it's related
to your mount points.  Did you install for "just you" or for "all"?
Did you perhaps install twice in two different locations or
something?  Check if the mount points are correct and that your
user mount points don't incorrectly hide perhaps correct system
mount points.

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.