ssh error 'The descriptor is a file, not a socket'

Hello,

I'm trying to use cygwin's sshd to allow my Linux box to log into my win98
computer using the 'ssh host' command.  The authentication goes OK, but
after 'entering interactive session' I get the following error on the client
side:
	'getpeername failed: The descriptor is a file, not a socket'

I've also seen 'getsockname failed: The descriptor is a file, not a socket'
with some variations of the ssh command options.

On the server side, running with 'sshd -d -d -d' I see debugging messages,
what I think is the possibly-relevant part is at the end of this message.  I
notice some 'unsupported opcode' errors after 'session_pty_req' that seem
suspect, but I'm not sure really what to look for:
	'Ignoring unsupported tty mode opcode 52 (0x34)'
	'Ignoring unsupported tty mode opcode 62 (0x3e)'

I noticed a message from Jeff where he has the same error with a recent
snapshot version of OpenSSH.  I am running OpenSSH_2.9.9p2 and Cygwin 1.3.3.

Thanks for any help,
Kris

P.S.  Here's the other sshd debugging output that may be relevant:
debug1: session_new: init
debug1: session_new: session 0
debug1: Allocating pty.
debug1: session_pty_req: session 0 alloc /dev/tty1
debug3: tty_parse_modes: ospeed 38400
debug3: tty_parse_modes: ispeed 38400
debug3: tty_parse_modes: 1 3
debug3: tty_parse_modes: 2 28
debug3: tty_parse_modes: 3 127
debug3: tty_parse_modes: 4 21
debug3: tty_parse_modes: 5 4
debug3: tty_parse_modes: 6 0
debug3: tty_parse_modes: 7 255
debug3: tty_parse_modes: 8 17
debug3: tty_parse_modes: 9 19
debug3: tty_parse_modes: 10 26
debug3: tty_parse_modes: 12 18
debug3: tty_parse_modes: 13 127
debug3: tty_parse_modes: 14 22
debug3: tty_parse_modes: 18 15
debug3: tty_parse_modes: 30 0
debug3: tty_parse_modes: 31 0
debug3: tty_parse_modes: 32 0
debug3: tty_parse_modes: 33 0
debug3: tty_parse_modes: 34 0
debug3: tty_parse_modes: 35 0
debug3: tty_parse_modes: 36 1
debug3: tty_parse_modes: 37 0
debug3: tty_parse_modes: 38 1
debug3: tty_parse_modes: 39 1
debug3: tty_parse_modes: 40 0
debug3: tty_parse_modes: 41 1
debug3: tty_parse_modes: 50 1
debug3: tty_parse_modes: 51 1
debug1: Ignoring unsupported tty mode opcode 52 (0x34)
debug3: tty_parse_modes: 53 1
debug3: tty_parse_modes: 54 1
debug3: tty_parse_modes: 55 0
debug3: tty_parse_modes: 56 0
debug3: tty_parse_modes: 57 0
debug3: tty_parse_modes: 58 0
debug3: tty_parse_modes: 59 1
debug3: tty_parse_modes: 60 1
debug3: tty_parse_modes: 61 1
debug1: Ignoring unsupported tty mode opcode 62 (0x3e)
debug3: tty_parse_modes: 70 1
debug3: tty_parse_modes: 71 0
debug3: tty_parse_modes: 72 1
debug3: tty_parse_modes: 73 0
debug3: tty_parse_modes: 74 0
debug3: tty_parse_modes: 75 0
debug3: tty_parse_modes: 90 1
debug3: tty_parse_modes: 91 1
debug3: tty_parse_modes: 92 0
debug3: tty_parse_modes: 93 0
debug1: Entering interactive session.
debug1: fd 3 setting O_NONBLOCK
debug1: fd 7 setting O_NONBLOCK
debug1: server_init_dispatch_13
debug1: server_init_dispatch_15
debug1: Received SIGCHLD.
debug3: tvp!=NULL kid 1 mili 10
debug3: tvp!=NULL kid 1 mili 100
debug1: End of interactive session; stdin 0, stdout (read 206, sent 206),
stderr 0 bytes.
debug1: Command exited with status 255.
debug1: Received exit confirmation.
debug1: session_close: session 0 pid 497213
debug1: session_pty_cleanup: session 0 release /dev/tty1
syslogin_perform_logout: logout() returned an error