Re: problems with sshd and RSAAuthentication

On Fri, Oct 26, 2001 at 10:27:38AM -0500, Peter Fales wrote:
> I'm currently trying to get sshd access to our Cygwin/Win2000 machine.
> Currently it works well using password authentication, but I can't get
> it to use RSAAuthentication - it seems to be accepting the key, but
> then exits right away and creates a windows event log entry:
>
> 10/26/2001      9:51:38 AM      1       0       0       sshd    NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM             EXPNOVE sshd : Win32 Process Id = 0x470 : Cygwin Process Id = 0x470 : fatal: setuid 1000: Not owner
>
> I know something like this has been discuseed before, and I've tried to
> follow all the steps I can find documented:
>
> 	- I've added "CYGWIN=ntsec tty" to the system environement
> 	- I've added these rights for the user that is running cygrunsrv
> 	  and the SYSTEM account:
> 		"Act as part of operating system"
> 	        "Replace a process level token"
>           	"Increase quotas"

- SYSTEM doesn't need that rights set since it has all rights already.
- That are the rights needed for being able to change account using
  password authentication.

Either you let SYSTEM run cygrunsrv or you have to add the (very dangerous)
"Create a token object" user right to the account running cygrunsrv.

Besides that, do you have created a /etc/group file using mkgroup
and did you check your /etc/passwd file being ok?

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.