Re: cygwinb19 and mysql-win32

yeah, i see cygwinb19.dll in the /lib of mysql win32 distribution as
well. i don't think they really intended to use cygwin though. their
win32 build should run fine without cygwin. i suspect they've only
included the library for some weird sense of completeness but it's
totally non-essential. suppose someone did compile a cygwin mysql
client, but they should have cygwin as well, so it doesn't make sense to
have cygwinb19.dll distributed with mysql win32 binary at all. i
personally just ignored it. you might contact the mysql team to see what
they have to say about this ...

note in their win32 download page:
http://www.mysql.com/downloads/os-win32.html

they do have a few cygwin binaries listed.

i have not checked the source for mysql, but i don't think they're
distributing source for cygwin. they might not even have compiled their
own cygwin at all. it might be a legacy leftover file that nobody
remembers where it is from and why it is there.

liulk