Re: sshd as a service question: fatal: setuid 400: not owner

On Wed, Oct 10, 2001 at 06:52:00PM -0400, Chris Patti wrote:
> Folks;
>
> We're trying to switch from Atamann telnetd which we hate to Cygwin's sshd
> for our NT 4 servers.
>
> We've got sshd otherwise properly configured, if we run it from the command
> line in -d mode we can successfully connect no problem.
>
> However, when we run it as a service, we get the above error whenever
> someone tries to log in.
>
> Here's the full error from the event log:

Probably your /etc/passwd or /etc/group files aren't ok.
Check or regenerate them.  The uid 400 is not a NT RID so
I assume you gave it to your user by changing /etc/passwd
by hand.  And is CYGWIN=ntsec?  Otherwise the user switch
will not work correctly.

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.