Re: Perl 5.7.2

On Tue, Oct 09, 2001 at 01:31:13PM +0400, Roman Belenov wrote:
>"Gerrit P. Haase" <gp@familiehaase.de> writes:
>
>> Roman Belenov schrieb am 2001-10-09, 11:29:
>>
>> >The problem persists with cygwin1-20011008.dll.bz2
>> >

>> I'm looking for an example which breaks gdb.
>>

>I've posted it to the list before. Debugging empty C program -
>consisting of main(){} leads to

Yes, you've posted it multiple times and I've never heard that anyone besides
you has had this problem.

The error is occurring in a system DLL.  The exception is not in a standard target
exception format.

That actually points to a problem in Windows NT.

Out of curiousity, have you ever just typed "continue" at this point to see if
things progress normally?

>From John Peacock's stack trace for his failing situation, it seems like the specific
function that is failing is NetUserGetInfo.  Specifically, line 92 in uinfo.cc:

      if (!NetUserGetInfo (NULL, wuser, 3, (LPBYTE *)&ui)
          || (wlogsrv[0] && !NetUserGetInfo (wlogsrv, wuser, 3,(LPBYTE *)&ui)))

I don't see anything in this code that would cause this type of error, though.
In fact, I wouldn't expect NetUserGetInfo to ever cause a segv.  That's why I
suspect a Windows bug.

Maybe somebody might want to inspect the Microsoft MSDN and see if there are
any caveats about this function.

cgf