Re: chmod/chown + ntsec doesn't work (was OpenSSH and RSA authentication problems)

On Fri, Oct 05, 2001 at 05:37:58PM +0400, egor duda wrote:
> ordinary user can't change object ownership. this is the way the POSIX
> works.

True, but my account is set to Administrator...
aynway, setting to to ntsec was definitely something I'd overlooked.  It
was not, however the problem.

The problem was that the system account had no access to my home directory.
It's just something that never occurred to me.  I suppose I had automatically
assumed that the system account would be able to read any file it wanted.
I knew better of course, just didn't think of it...

So, now it works fine, and now I'm able to use CVS securely without having
to enter a password every time.

Thanks everyone who responded

Dave