Re: Wn2000Pro

Hi

in our environment it worked fine, as long as the Windows 2000 machines (Pro & Server) were not part of an NT domain or we weren't using the ntsec option.

The setup process automatically executes mkpasswd -l at the end, even if you are logged in to the domain. This will most likely cause permission problems, so one of the first thing you need to do is to run mkpasswd -d > /etc/passwd
(Again, this is only if you are part of an NT domain and are trying to use the ntsec

In our case this failed, as the mkpasswd -d > /etc/passwd command only produces 12 lines instead of the approx. 300 entries in the domain list.

We haven't been able to figure out why it won't go passed the 12th line. This has been tried on a couple of different machines with the same result and it has been decided to drop the project to try to use cygwin.

Hope this helps and that you have more luck with your environment.

Serge

>>> cgf@redhat.com 09/22/01 04:04PM >>>
On Sat, Sep 22, 2001 at 07:02:58PM -0400, Michael D. Berger & Rosalie A. Clavez wrote:
>I recently changed from NT4.0 to Windows 2000 Professional.  Can I
>install Cygwin on my new system?  Is it safe (will not blow my system)?
>I see no mention of 2000 on the Cygwin web site.

Look again:

"The Cygwin DLL works with all modern versions of Windows except Windows
CE."

Is this somehow unclear?

cgf