Re: German Win98, US Win95 keyboard --> no ;'` keys in Bash

Hi, Larry, :/

On Thu, 20 Sep 2001, Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc) wrote:
> At 04:08 PM 9/20/2001, Jason Tiller wrote:

> > > You can check the email archives on this.  I believe it was Jason
> > > Tishler (sorry Jason if I'm remembering this wrong) that did some
> > > work relative to the interpretation of keys in different
> > > environments.
> >
> >Ah, quite a distinction to be mistaken for the honorable Tischler! :)

> Thanks Jason (Tiller) for setting my poor memory (and improper
> spelling) straight! :-)

::sigh:: I should know better than to try to get fancy. ;)  You were
right the first time!  I attribute it to replying to a German and thus
getting into the "sch" mode.

Thanks for the kind words, and I hope we have a final resolution from
Chris/Corinna soon.

Translation: Should there be a [no]right_alt_meta CYGWIN= option?

If so, I would be glad to submit a patch with that functionality (I
think I have it lying around here somewhere...).

If not, should the keyboard language vs. META translation code be
removed (i.e. revert to 1.1.8 keystroke interpreter)?  I could patch
that as well.

---Jason Tiller
jtiller@sjm.com