Setup.exe = ARRRGHGHGH @#$##@ stuborn program

Hi I just started the process of subscribing to the digest version of
this list. { but have yet to download the message the web page said I
gotta reply to to actually start getting the digest...}

So I don't know if I'll get any [in-list] replies to this or not

I'm not a "computer pro" but I'm more comfortable with cli than ANY
flavor of point n' click. So the idea of being able to add a functional
bash with user friendly editors like vim to the win95 side of my dual
boot win/linux box sounded wonderful.

So yesterday I downloaded cygwin's setup.exe [having nearly a gig of
room on my E: drive I elected to download the whole thing.]

Aggravation number 1)
there didn't seam to be any way to select/deselect packages with the
keyboard and after all that clicking with a mouse my hand starts going
numb... first mirror I tried couldn't download, so I tried another and
had to select them all again [sigh]

Aggravation number 2)
But since the download only moves about 2 to 3 K per sec [is normal?]
my hand had plenty of time to recover...

Then I simply had to go to bed, I let the download continue, it was
still downloading at 4am this morning when I had to get up to answer a
call of nature. But when I got up at 6am it had stalled about 3/4 of the
way through. Oh well I thought, I'll just finnish downloading tonight, I
thought.

Aggravation number 3) [the main problem]
Unfortunately it keeps on insisting on starting over with autoconfig and
continuing on down the original download list for which I'm quite happy
with the tar.gz files with yesterdays date.

But I can't seam to find any way to convince setup.exe to only download
the packages I select in the current session, and frankly I don't have
the time to simply let it download the whole thing again...

What do I have to do to get setup.exe to stop using the old download
list????