Mail archives not available

I am trying to access the mbox-formatted archives
for this year, and I keep getting a "not found" page.
I'm assuming that maybe a directory structure changed, but
the script that builds the archives hasn't been updated
to reflect the new structure???

Anyway, I am looking for references to the thread(s) which
discussed the #!/usr/bin/.... stub program, and it's
ramifications.  It seems that I may need something like that
for the work I'm doing, but the htdig search engine doesn't
like doing a search on '#!'.  Doesn't find anything.

So, If someone can help on either of those avenues, I would be
appreciative.

Thanks.