1.3.2: Vim cursor position incorrect in bash on Win 2k

Hello,

Roger Twede on June 19, 2001 (below) expertly describes a problem
and its solution.  My problem is exactly his, but I don't think
the solution applies.  As far as I can tell the NuTCracker Operating
Environment is what the mks toolset evolved into and I don't have
that.  Any other ideas?

Thanks,
Joe