cygwin/clearcase problem

I'm running a clearcase client on a windows 2000 platform.  I wrote
a bash script to move files under clearcase source control.  The
script performs the following lines:

for i in `cat $TEMP/files$$`
do
   cleartool mkelem -nc -ci $i
done

This command performs several operations successfully but finally fails with
the followin complaint:

Created element "blah/blah/file.h" (type "text_file").
text_file_delta: Error: Can't create temporary file:  No such file or directory
cleartool: Error: Type manager "text_file_delta" failed create_version operation
cleartool: Error: Unable to check in "leap/osprims/winnt/os_defs.h".

Note the the clearcase element was successfully created.

The reason I'm asking this forum is that the command fails in exactly the same
way from the bash prompt but it works fine from a DOS command prompt.
I posed the question to Rational and they hadn't heard of Cygwin before and
couldn't help (yet).

In my environment:
    CYGWIN=ntsec

And my hard disc is running a FAT32 file system.  Also both TEMP and TMP
environment variables are set to the same directory.  It's also interesting to note
that I can checkin directories and some other file types (.dll, .lib. .hlp) without
problems.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Rich Ramos

begin:vcard
n:Ramos;Richard
tel;work:732-380-2846
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:Coree Networks
adr:;;56 Park Road;Tinton Falls;NJ;07724;
version:2.1
email;internet:rramos@coreenetworks.com
title:Software Engineer
fn:Richard Ramos