Re: Symbol in DLL begin with _ (was: building Python extension modules)

I'm having similar problems, however the suggestions in this thread do not
solve my problems.

I'm trying to build a simple C++ extension module for Python using Boost.

In convert.cpp, the file containing the extension module, there is a macro
which expands to

extern "C" __attribute__(( dllexport ))  void initconvert ()
{
}

This is the main entry point for the dll, so I assume I do not have to use
the def file approach.

Adapting the mkdll.sh script from this thread, I do the following to create
the dll:

dllwrap -o convert.dll convert.o
/users/pbienst/tmp/boost_cvs/libs/python/src/libboost_python.a -L/usr/lib/py
thon2.1/config -lpython2.1 -lstdc++  -Wl,--kill-at,--enable-stdcall-fixup

This fails because of underscores that are prepended to the symbols in
libboost_python.a and that the linker is unable to resolve.

I've also tried other approaches, like using a def-file, or another approach
which mirrors more closely what distutils is doing:

g++ -shared -Wl,--enable-auto-image-base convert.o
/users/pbienst/tmp/boost_cvs/libs/python/src/*.o -L/usr/lib/python2.1/config
 -lpython2.1 -o convert.dll

Same problem...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Peter Bienstman