RE: Problems with ViM

See the following message, and other messages in that thread.  In
that line of discussion, a couple of folks brought up some very good
suggestions for making cygwin vim and native win32 vim co-exist on
the same machine and share the same vim runtime files via mount points.

You should also be able to set $VIM (in cygwin) and %VIM% (in autoexec.bat)
to point to the same set of runtime files as you suggest... if you are
careful about keeping the vim versions in sync as the message above
suggests.

If you can't get your vim versions in sync and pointing at the
same set of runtime files (I don't see why not though), then add

export VIM=<whatever>

to your .bashrc file, which will cause the cygwin supplied vim
to look in the right place by overriding the setting that's
coming out of your autoexec.bat.

Troy