scripts and exe file extensions in tcsh

On Monday 30 Jul 01, Patt, Vladimir writes:
> Hi,
>
> I'm just installed cygwin on my nt2K. I'm new with cygwin ...

In that case, you should read the documentation.  Such as the FAQ.

> ... so I've three questions.
> 1. Running tcshell trying to run UNIX scripts but only one with no extension
> can run otherwise I'm getting "Command not found" error message. I already
> specified "./" in path environment variable.

Read the FAQ entry "Why doesn't my shell script work?"

> 2. Also there is a problem to run binary file called "test.exe.exe", but if
> it called "test.exe" only "test" (without extension) command can execute a
> program.

"test" is a bad choice for a program name, because it conflicts with
/bin/test and possibly a shell builtin.  You should rule that out
before reporting problems running "test.exe".

> 3. And third. Path specified with single slash passed to "cd" command is not
> understood by shell when running script, only double slash understood by
> shell. Also if this path string specified as parameter to some my program
> slashes are ignored.

Are you talking about the forward or backward slash character?  The
forward slash ('/') is the directory separator in UNIX and Cygwin.
The backward slash ('\') is the directory separator in Windows, and is
an escape character in UNIX and Cygwin shells (bash, tcsh).

See also the FAQ entry "How do I convert between Windows and UNIX
paths?"

Hope this helps.

David
(Cygwin FAQ maintainer)