Problems with expect logging out (going from 1.1.8 to 1.3.2)

Hi,

I've been using your excellent product and recently decided to upgrade
to 1.3.2 from 1.1.8.

However, now when I run any of my expect scripts that do any "spawn"
commands, when the script finishes, it logs me out of my bash session.

It doesn't matter how many levels deep I go in bash, when the expect script
finishes, you get "exit" commands all the way up to logging me completely
out.

Here's an example script:
- - - -
#!/usr/bin/bash

expect -f lET.expect
- - - -

here's the expect script [lET.expect]:
- - - -
set cvsRoot [ exec echo {$ETCVSROOT} ]
spawn cvs -d :pserver:user@server:$cvsRoot login
expect "CVS password: "
send "password\r"
- - - -

I've tried using #!/usr/bin/bash, and #!/bin/expect but whichever way I call
it, the logout always occurs.

I've rolled back to 1.1.8 and the problem goes away, yet the expect
executable hasn't changed between versions, so I can only think it's a
problem with the core code.

Sorry if this isn't the correct area to report bugs.

Yours,
Mark Fisher