Re: RPM installer (was Re: SETUP WIZARD FOR CYGWIN?XFREE86)

Hello.

Project HeavyMoon was moved to http://www.sixnine.net/cygwin/,
but I don't announced yet.

In <15199.13076.290060.138271@coyote.priv.helixdigital.com>,
Dario Alcocer <alcocer@helixdigital.com> wrote:

alcocer> Yes, the ports are done.  Basically, I took the Project HeavyMoon[1]
alcocer> patches for db-2/rpm-3 and reworked them slightly.
:
alcocer> Currently db is linked statically, but I suppose that a DLL should
alcocer> work.

I had built db-3.1.17 with DLLize patch.
If you want, please get from Project HeavyMoon.
My rpm port use some DLL(cygbz, cygdb, cygz) now.

And I had made tarball that include minimum environment and tools.

o ash
o mkgroup
o mkpasswd
o mount
o umount
o rpm
o rpm2cpio
o cygbz21.0.dll
o cygdb3.dll
o cygwin1.dll
o cygz.dll

This tarball is ftp://ftp.st.ryukoku.ac.jp/pub/ms-windows/HeavyMoon/instkit.tar.gz.

I think that we shall use this sequence to install.
I usually use this sequence for build to my cygwin environment that
all packages are managemented by rpm(Now, I don't use packages that
provided by cygwin.com).

1. extract minimum environment and tools(Ex. instkit.tar.gz).
2. mount / directory.
3. rpm --initdb
4. mkpasswd & mkgroup(optional)
5. install some rpm packages
   o termcap(DLLized)
   o zlib(DLLized)
   o ncurses(DLLized)
   o ash
   o info
   o grep
   o bash
   o bzip2(including DLLized bzip2 library)
   o db(DLLized)
   o popt
   o file
   o rpm

Why we use this sequence? Because rpm.exe depend cygz.dll,
cygbz21.0.dll and cygdb3.dll. rpm.exe use file.exe, sh.exe
and some tools too...

--
[ Rue. SATOH ] http://www.sixnine.net/