Re: CYGWIN1.DLL

Probably to simplify installations for end users that don't have
cygwin.  That said, I'd expect the -mingw method would *be* the simplest
for end users; if they specifically need cygwin functionality, then
including more of cygwin would be the way to go (having the added
benefit of being upgradable as new cygwin builds come out).

BTW: "Reply All" didn't work on this message, perhaps because the "To"
line was messed up on the original message?