Re: Starting Apache

Am 12 Jul 2001, um 11:42 hat Tak Ota geschrieben:

> Nope, I can only start inetd but not apache, nor cron.  In case of
> inetd I learned that after "cygrunsrv -I ineted -p
> /usr/sbin/inetd.exe" I had to reboot the W2K, otherwise cygrunsrv -S
> inetd started inetd but it died shortly after.  Anyway cygrunsrv is a
> mysterious existence for me now.  I wanted to pursue the reason why I
> am not successful using cygrunsrv but the snapshot I got
> cygwin-src-20010707.tar.bz2 does not seem to contain its source code.

inetd has a builtin install mechanism.
Read /etc/doc/Cygwin/inetutils-1.3.2.README
and  /etc/doc/Cygwin/cron...

after running $ inetd --install-as-service
it should work.
Don't miss the other points in the README...

> For now I am forcing myself not forgetting to start httpd when I
> reboot the server.  Sigh...

I had also difficulties running apache as a service, but cygrunsrv is
much more advanced since then.
AND apache runs, only problem i had was that it seems to die
if you look in the service manager. In the taskmanager there
was to be seen that still some instances of apache were running.

> > > I just downloaded Apache 1.3.20.  It compiled/installed/ran out of the
> > > box without any tweaking at all.  It was quite an impressive and
> > > delightful experience.  Thank you.
> > >
> > > BTW, I am now trying to automate the following work, in case I reboot
> > > the machine.
> > >
> > > /usr/local/apache/bin/apachectl start
> > >
> > > What is the equivalent mechanism as /etc/rc.d/init.d/ under Cygwin?
> >
> > Install it as a service with cygrunsrv:
> > 	http://apache.dev.wapme.net/manual/cygwin.html#serv

gph

--