RE: cvs via Cygwin (W98) to FAT to Linux - permissions

I'm to quite sure what you mean here. Cygwin1.dll will be providing the
only access to the files in the UMSDOS system, so syncronisation
shouldn't be an issue. Sure someone deleting a file out from within a
win32-only program could cause confusion, but thats not a UMSDOS only
issue :}.

Could you clarify a little?

> That brings me back to the more limited, but vastly simpler
> idea of adding
> a feature to cvs that allows producing a script of chmod
> commands during
> check-out that reflects the proper file permissions.  I might
> even attempt
> this myself after re-learning such things as how a make file
> works since I
> haven't done C programming in about 12 years now.

sounds to me a like a cvs status might be enough for you.

Rob