RE: cvs via Cygwin (W98) to FAT to Linux - permissions

It seems to me there are some big potential dangers to a Cygwin UMSDOS
implementation.  The main issue is that UMSDOS expects that it is the only
thing that will be modifying anything in a synchronized directory while it
is mounted.  I don't think this can conceivably be enforced inside a
running Windows session short of holding locks on every single file.

That brings me back to the more limited, but vastly simpler idea of adding
a feature to cvs that allows producing a script of chmod commands during
check-out that reflects the proper file permissions.  I might even attempt
this myself after re-learning such things as how a make file works since I
haven't done C programming in about 12 years now.