From: cygwin-owner@sources.redhat.com
[mailto:cygwin-owner@sources.redhat.com]On Behalf Of John Wiersba
Sent: Wednesday, June 27, 2001 4:50 PM
To: 'cygwin@cygwin.com'
Subject: RE: "shouted down", "shot down", apologies

So, is the "download source" option for setup.exe useful for anything?  Can
you rebuild (all of) cygwin from it?  What I mean is:  there are these 80+
packages available with setup.exe.  If I download the source for all of
them, install the source somewhere, run some build process against it, will
I end up with a working cygwin which is functionally equivalent to the
binary packages I downloaded using setup.exe?

-- John Wiersba