Windows processes (was Re: two problems with cygwin's zip)

# One reason for that is that iterating over all of the processes in the
# system is not a trivial task.  You use different mechanisms in Windows
# NT and Windows 9x.

Furthermore, the way Windows (not sure about NT) handles processes
is pretty darn bizarre.  I've got some half dozen different ways
to look at the process list (taskbar/systemtray, Close Program
dialog, native port of kill someone did using NT, EndItAll,
HandleEx, killdll, ...) and at any given time no two of them
report exactly the same list of processes.  I'm not the least
bit sure Windows even maintains a single exhaustive list.

# In VMS, paths look like this:  sys$diskc:[windows.system]kernel32.dll .

Heh.  You have unwittingly armed me with knowledge I can use
at work (where we have an actual VMS system but no VMS manuals).
Previously I never understood the VMS path syntax, but seeing
a familiar recognisable path in that syntax has clued me in.

-- jonadab