RE: Cygwin Python Distribution GPL Licensing Issue?

So . . .
Does it build OOTB in Cygwin?  Presumably the Linux sources.  I looked at
www.python.org and there's no mention of Cygwin as a platform.

At 6/16/01 04:01 PM (Saturday), Tim Peters wrote:
>Briefly following up on a thread here from the end of April:  the FSF and
>PSF (Python Software Foundation) reached an unexpected (but exceedingly
>welcome) agreement on the Python licensing situation wrt the GPL.  We'll be
>releasing new versions of Python primarily to get the new license out there,
>but also with accumulated bugfixes since their original releases:
>
>     2.0.1    2.0 + bugfixes + new license.  Release candidate already
>              available, and final release scheduled for the coming week.
>
>     2.1.1    2.1 + bugfixes + new license.  Partly depends on volunteer
>              time; range of 2 to 4 weeks is my best guess.
>
>all's-well-that-ends-ly y'rs  - tim

David A. Cobb, Software Engineer, Public Access Advocate, All around nice guy.
Get my PGP key at
:<http://pgpkeys.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=superbiskit>
Fingerprint=0x{6E3E_DB8C_2E8C_4248_62B2_FE29_08EE_CF0A_3629_E954}
"By God's Grace I am a Christian man, by my actions a great sinner."
--The Way of a Pilgrim, R. M. French [tr.]