scroll speed / scroll back in bash DOS box

     Is there any easy way to enable scrollback in the bash DOS box, or, failing that, to slow the scroll rate enough to read as it goes by?

     Sorry if the formatting is garbage - it is the fault of the Groupwise mail handler forced on us by our administrators.  Last time, I responded to a complaint about formatting problems by sending through hotmail instead of our institutional mail handler, but hotmail now seems to be blocked by the cygwin server.